DotNetStarter - Breaking Changes
This page is used to note each versions breaking changes and list future breaking changes.
3.x - 4.x Proposed
- Remove NET35, NET40, and less than NETSTANDARD2.0
- Add IServiceProvider to ILocator interface
- Remove ApplicationContext
2.x - 3.x
- Changed ILocatorConfigure.Configure signature to take a new ILocatorConfigureEngine instead of IStartupEngine to prevent access to ILocator before configuration is complete
- Removed IStartupEngine.OnLocatorStartupComplete
- Removed IStartupObjectFactory
- Removed IReadonlyLocator
- Removed DotNetStarter.ApplicationContext.Startup methods
- Removed IStartupConfigurationWithEnvironment
- Removed ILocatorSet.
- Removed IStartupDelayed, handled by IStartupHandler now.
- Remved netstandard code from DotNetStarter.Web, its now only full framework supported.
- Removed StartupContainerException
- Removed obsoleted code
- Removed ability to set Import
when StartupBuilder isn't using the applicationContext.
- Changed IStartupHandler interface.
- Moved ILocatorVerification to ILocatorRegistryWithVerification
- Moved ILocatorScopedWithSet to Internal namespace.
- Added ILocatoryRegistry.CreateLocator
- Merged IlocatorDefaultRegistrationsWithCollections into IlocatorDefaultRegistrations.
- Added Configure.Expresions.AssemblyExpression.WithNoAssemblyScanning() to remove all assembly scanning functionality.
- Added IItemCollection for storing items in IStartupEnvironments.
- Added IRegistrationModifier for allowing application developers ability to change discovered registrations.
- Added an Action
for application developer finalization of setup.
- Added ILocatorRegistry extensions for registering, similar to IServiceCollection Apis
- Added new ILocators: Autofac, Grace, Lamar, and Stashbox.
- Added ILocatorRegistry finalizer for application developers to do any last minute changes after container is setup.
1.x - 2.x
- Added IStartupEnvironment to IStartupConfiguration, and set by passing an implementation to DotNetStarter.ApplicationContext.Startup
- The read-only locator was introduced in 1.x since registrations after OnLocatorStartupComplete required casting as ILocatorRegistry.
- Added LightInject and StructureMapSigned locators
- Added DotNetStarter.Locators namespace for all locators
- DryIoc and Structuremap retain their existing NuGet package Ids
- New services can no longer be registered in an open scope
- Removed obsoleted code
- Removed ILocator inheritance from ILocatorRegistry
- Renamed IShutdownHandler.InvokeShutdown to Shutdown
- Removed IStartupModule.Shutdown IStartupEngine arguments
- Removed RegisterAttribute, replaced with RegistrationAttribute
- Removed LifeTime and ConstructorType enums
- Moved RegistrationConfiguration to DotNetStarter.Abstractions
- Changed ILocator
- Removed OpenScope
- Moved BuildUp to ILocatorWithPropertyInjection
- Changed ILocatorRegistry interface
- Changed method signature to account for removed enums
- Moved Remove to ILocatorRegistryWithRemove
- Moved Contains to ILocatorRegistryWithContains
0.x - 1.x breaking changes
- The following DLLs are now signed: DotNetStarter.Abstractions, DotNetStarter, DotNetStarter.Web, and DotNetStarter.Owin
- DotNetStarter now requires an ILocator implementation to run.